EUROPEAN PASSPORT BY INVESTMENT
Cyprus has recently (March 2014) changed the legislation that enables foreign investors to become a Cypriot (EU) citizen and obtain a Cypriot passport through naturalisation, making it more accessible and affordable than even.
The Cyprus citizenship program offers the most simple and efficient means to obtaining European citizenship. All nationalities are eligible to apply and the requirements are minimal.
Cyprus citizenship may be obtained through a secure property investment: the financial criteria are as follows:
1. €2m investment in single luxury property.
2. €2m investment in multiple residential property units (€1.5m + €500,000 permanent residence).
3. €2.5m investment in multiple property if it includes commercial building. (€2.0m + €500,000 permanent residence).
• Citizenship is obtained for the entire family, including dependent children up to age 28.
• Freedom to travel, live and work anywhere in the European Union and Switzerland
• Visa-free travel to 155 countries
• Cypriot passport holders can quickly and cost effectively obtain visas for other countries, such as the USA.
• Passports issued within three months
• Cyprus allows dual citizenship
• Cyprus has no inheritance tax, a highly favourable corporate tax structure and a comprehensive double tax treaty network.
• No physical residency requirements
• Cyprus offers a great place to visit/live. It enjoys a strategic geographical position offers excellent worldwide connections, has excellent infrastructure, a pleasant climate and is highly stable.
1. To maintain the citizenship, the investor must always keep a real estate property of minimum value €500,000 which will be declared as the permanent residence. The remaining investment may be sold after 3 years.
2. Any property purchased during the past three years will count towards the required investment figures. In such cases the purchaser must acquire additional real estate to reach the total required investment. Applicants must hold a clear criminal record from the country of origin.
• European citizens have the right to attend schools/universities within any EU country for free or with reduced rates as applicable.
• European citizens have the right to protection by the diplomatic or consular authorities of any EU country in a third country (country outside the EU) where your home EU country is not represented by a consulate.
• European citizens can access the established first-class EU health care systems.
• Birth certificate
• Police clearance certificate from country of origin
• Marriage certificate (if applicable)
• Detailed biography